I found two more WIPs when I was looking for my cache of DMC floss. I was looking for the floss because I was hoping that I already had the colors I need for the mermaid's hair. I opened and emptied all of the cross stitch storage boxes. I didn't find the floss, but I found the partially completed Watercolour Cats and Watercolour Lighthouses. The designs are by Sekas & Co.--you can see pictures here.
I bought the chart packs in 1999. I have no idea when I started the projects as I did not write it down. I know: " Bad crafter! Bad!" At any rate, I took a good look at both projects and decided that they were no longer my taste and I would not finish them. Two more for the IDJ (It's Dead, Jim) pile.
Apparently, there is a Watercolour Dragonflies project hiding somewhere. I wrote that one down as a UFO in January of 2001. It will turn up when I least expect it, I'm sure.
I'm still looking for the DMC floss cache. However, for the sake of the current project, I bought the 4 DMC colors I needed to stitch the mermaid's hair.
Here's where the WIPs stand as of today.
WIPs in rotation:
Mediterranean Mermaid (cross stitch)
I have completed her torso and stitched the hair on the top of her head. I am now stitching the rest of her hair and there's a lot of it. I replaced odd blue highlights with lighter shades of brown, using DMC 838 as the starting point. So far, it looks OK. As I get more of her hair stitched and stitch her face, I'll be able to make a better judgement on the substitutions.
The Night is Purple and Full of Stars (Southern Skies) shawl [Ravelry]:
Completed edging repeat number 28 of 58--almost halfway! If I'd stop falling asleep in the middle of stitching a row, I'd make better progress!
- Carbonized Zombie socks [Ravelry] I knitting the heel flap and it's going slowly. Still don't like knitting the bird's eye pattern.
- Love Scissor fob (cross stitch)
I have stitched everything except the people. I started the little man's boots
Waiting to be rotated in:
- Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Seaweed Cardigan (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Watercolour Cats
- Watercolour Lighthouses
- A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.