Friday, January 10, 2014

Eye Candy Friday...

...and thank goodness this week is over. The week after my 2-week Christmas vacation is always the world's longest week!

This morning's sunrise was more pastel than normal.

Pastel sunrise 1/10/14

What was really interesting is that it was relatively clear at my house, but extremely foggy less than 2 miles away.

I started a new project last night, the Rockefeller shawl by Stephen West [Ravelry]. As I explained to the Husband, the Cousteau hat [Ravelry] I'm making for him will look great when it's done, but knitting it is kind of boring (K3 P2 for 9 inches!!). I'll swap between it and the Rockefeller shawl.

Up this weekend: Spin-In is tomorrow...yay!  I had to miss December's and I really looking forward to seeing everyone again. I think I'm going to spin a Ranch of the Oaks purchase from Stitches West 2013. I just need to find it in the stash.

Other than that, no major plans. There's still plenty of stitching to do on the mermaid and there are many  other UFOs to choose from!



CONTEST REMINDER!!
Leave a comment on my 1/6/14 post by Midnight PST, Monday 1/20/14.

We'll draw the winner's name out of a hat on Tuesday, 1/21/14.

The prize: 1 skein of Socks That Rock Lightweight in Fleur de couleur.
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...