Monday, March 17, 2014

Yes, I'm here...

...everything went well and I can see well enough to not wear my glasses for computer work! I have to restrict my activities for another two days (no lifting anything more than 10-15 lbs, no bending over further than my waist) , but then I can get back to normal.

I haven't attempted to do any stitching, but I am able to spin without any problems. I can also knit as lit's not too intricate. One I get my new glasses in 3.5 weeks, it will be much better! Until then, I'll be limiting the amount I drive at night, just to be on the safe side. I can see fine during the day, but night-time driving might be a challenge.

I spun most of the weekend. I finished the project I started as Spin-In. This is Twilight [Ravelry]:

Twilight handspun

and a close up:

Twilight handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 3/8/14;
Finished 3/14/14;
Glitter roving (4oz) from Greenwood Fiberworks;
178.7 yds chain-py; 10 WPI

It nice and springy even before being washed.

After I finished Twilight, I started the next one. I'm spinning Violets in the Grass, a Merino-Bamboo-Tussah Silk blend from Miss Babs that I bought at Stitches West in 2012.  I finished the singles yesterday and need to ply. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to start that tonight or not.

 Onward!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...