This is Passion Fruit, a camel-silk from Greenwood Fiberworks:
and a close up:
Camel-silk top (4oz) from Greenwood Fiberworks;
214 yds chain-ply, 13 WPI
It's a little under-spun in some places, partially due to the fact that I can't see well enough through these glasses. I might run it through again to even it out, or maybe not. Since it's not for a specific project, I could just let it sit until I decide to used it for something.
With the finish, let's look at the WIPs list.
WIPs in rotation
- Carbonized Zombie Socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
Still thinking about what to do with these: make them for someone else, or go down a needle size and see whether they fit me
- Inkle strap training project (weaving) [Ravelry]
I'm about 50% done with the strap. Making good progress!
- Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia, originally started 11/6/11; restarted 9/1/13 (cross stitch)
Finished beading the swirls from the front fins; working on the swirls from the back fins
Works In Progress, did not work on:
- Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
- Hive by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
- Love scissor fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
- Rockefeller Moon shawl [Ravelry]
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
WIPs To Be:
- A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer.
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.