Eye Candy Friday...

...and I'm looking forward to the weekend!

It's been very hot the last few days and I'm thankful that I work in an air conditioned office. For the most part the garden is surviving, but there are a couple of plants that are looking a little droopy. We're in an in-between state for some flowers. Some are done, like the daffodils and tulips, and others are almost ready to bloom, like our poppies. There are a few things in bloom:

Red verbena:

Red verbena



The feijoa is going nuts again:

Feijoa blossoms

And one of our cherry trees is producing fruit:

Ripening cherry

I took a picture of some Cape Daisies, but I was not happy with the quality of the picture. However, after playing around with the Ribbet filters, I like how it looks with the impressionist filter applied:

Osteospermum impressions

Up this weekend:  I need to do a a little housework and some laundry. A lot will depend on how hot it gets. Some chores, like laundry and mopping the floor, are best avoided in the hat of the day.

If all goes well, I will finish beading the mermaid!  I might not be able to get her blocked and mounted if I don't have enough foam core in my stash.

Once I finish the mermaid, I'll swing back to the Anasazi needlepoint piece. I'd like to get this puppy done and out of my hair. At this point, "done" might be the only thing in its future. It ranks with the Seahorses needlepoint that I finished in 2008: I'm not happy with the outcome. Some of the color choices are jarring and it's been a PITA to stitch.

I'm about ready to IDJ (It's Dead, Jim) the Rockefeller Moon Shawl. I'm not happy with how it looks. The yarn is great and looks good in the pattern. I'm just not feeling it. It might be time to pull the plug.

I'm feeling the urge to weave again, so warping the loom might be a possibility. Maybe I'll  use the yarn from the Rockefeller shawl. Hmmm...