Here is the completed project:
Pattern by Susan Portra; alternate colorway
- Used variegated thread in the four corners instead of the manual color changes in the original instructions.
- Replaced teal Neon Rays in the center medallion with purple rayon thread.
- Reduced the amount of string art because I didn't like it.
After the two finishes (Anasazi and the mermaid), the WIPs list has shortened. For the moment, here's what it looks like.
WIPs in Rotation:
WIPs waiting for rotation:
- Hive by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
- Love scissor fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
IDJ (It's Dead, Jim)
- Rockefeller Moon shawl [Ravelry]
I have decided that I really hate the wrap&turns and life is too short to knit something you hate. I give big props to those who have knit this shawl. It's beautiful shawl, but not for me. I'll use the yarn for a different shawl.
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
WIPs To Be:
- A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer.
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.