Wednesday, May 07, 2014

WIP-it Wednesday and a Finished Object...

...because I just had to finish Anasazi last night!

Here is the completed project:

Anasazi

Specs:
Started 1/17/12
Finished 5/6/14
Pattern by Susan Portra; alternate colorway
Modifications:
  • Used variegated thread in the four corners instead of the manual color changes in the original instructions.
  • Replaced teal Neon Rays in the center medallion with purple rayon thread.
  • Reduced the amount of string art because I didn't like it.
I will get around to framing it at some point. I'm just happy that it's done and I don't have it hanging over my head!

After the two finishes (Anasazi and the mermaid), the WIPs list has shortened. For the moment, here's what it looks like.

WIPs in Rotation:
  1. Bloomfield Blues (spinning) [Ravelry]
  2. Carbonized Zombie Socks (knitting) [Ravelry]

WIPs waiting for rotation:
  1. Hive by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
  2. Love scissor fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)

IDJ (It's Dead, Jim)
  • Rockefeller Moon shawl  [Ravelry]
    I have decided that I really hate the wrap&turns and life is too short to knit something you hate. I give big props to those who have knit this shawl. It's beautiful shawl, but not for me. I'll use the yarn for a different shawl.

UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)

WIPs To Be:
  • A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer.
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me. 

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...