Tuesday, June 03, 2014

May 2014 recap...

...I finished a few things!

Finished:
  • 5/26 Monarch handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
    Merino-silk top (4.1 oz) from the Yarn Wench;
    214.3 yds chain-ply; 11 WPI
  • 5/26 Hive by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
  • 5/18 Bloomfield Blues handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
    Alpaca-Silk top (4 oz) from Royal Hare;
    437.4 yds 2-ply, 20 WPI
  • 5/12  Carbonized Zombie Socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  • 5/6 Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
  • 5/3 Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia
  • Books:
    1. Blossom Street Brides, Debbie Macomber
    2. The Kadin, Bertrice Small
    3. Unlucky 13, James Patterson
    4. Private, James Patterson
    5. Tuesday's Child, Fern Michaels
    6. Chestnut Street, Maeve Binchy
    7. Ripper, Isabel Allende
    8. Home, a Memoir of my Early Years, Julie Andrews
Started:
  • 5/10 Monarch handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
  • 5/13 Stormy Affection (knitting) [Ravelry]
  • 5/19 Stealth project (knitting)
Worked on:
  • Finished what I worked on! 

Works In Progress, did not work on:
  • Love scissor fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
Queued:
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
    I have the floss, the beads, the treasures, and the fabric, I just need to start
  • Stuck in Neutral wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer.
    I've wound the warp yarn.
IDJ (It's Dead, Jim)
  • Rockefeller Moon shawl  [Ravelry]
    I have decided that I really hate the wrap&turns and life is too short to knit something you hate. I give big props to those who have knit this shawl. It's beautiful shawl, but not for me. I'll use the yarn for a different shawl.

UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)

WIPs To Be:
  • A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer.
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...