Wednesday, June 11, 2014

WIP-it Wednesday, first looks...

...here are the two projects I started on Sunday.

This is the beginning diamond of Tuscon Twilight:

Tuscon Twilight beginnings

 Here's the current state of the Stuck in Neutral wall hanging:

Stuck in Neutral wall hanging as of 6/8/14

I used polka dot fabric strips left over from a quilt as warp separators. It's silly and it makes me smile! As I weave, I'm trying very hard not to be too Virgo about the selvages and where the colors flow. Like spinning art yarn, I have to constantly remind myself to let it go and let it be. This is a definite challenge piece for me!

I finished the stealth knitting project last night..hurray! Now I can go back to working on my Stormy Affection shawl.

WIPs Roll Call below.

WIPs in Rotation:

  1. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
    Need to start stitching
  2. Stuck in Neutral wall hanging (weaving) [Ravelry]
    weaving in progress
  3. Stormy Affection (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Completed the first section; working on the second (striped) section.
  4. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
    Need to redo the purple; I don't like how it's slipping all over.

UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)

WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...