Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tour de Fleece, Rest day...

...and I'm taking it. My right shoulder is feeling very tight today. I'm going to work on something that does not put my shoulder in the same position.

TdF Day 8 (Spin In):
I went to the Hallmark Ornament preview and bought my Star Trek ornaments. I'm now the proud owner of the USS Vengeance, Devil in the Dark (Pain!), and Lt. Sulu. I did not get the Orion slave girl (Vina) because the face was just awful. I'll tuck them all away until December.

I had a great time at Spin In. My brownies turned out OK (next time I'll plan ahead and have regular almonds on hand...sliced just did not work as well). I started spinning Bejeweled, another merino-silk from the Yarn Wench.

TdF Day 9:
I took an early morning walk with my camera and got some good pictures of the mosaic art piece at Nimitz elementary school, just around the corner from home. The school also has some beautiful roses and I took pictures of those as well.

I plied the Ember Indigo [Ravelry] singles from Day 7:

Ember Indigo handspun

and the close up:

Ember Indigo handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/11/14;
Finished 7/13/14;
Merino-silk (3.9 oz) from the Yarn Wench;
258.7 2-ply, 12 WPI

I also finished spinning the Bejeweled singles.

TdF Day 10:
After an early morning cycling class, I tool a quick trip to OSH. I wanted to get a temporary hanger for the wall hanging [Ravelry] (pictures coming soon), check out some new flowers for the courtyard, and buy a succulent dish garden that I saw in an ad.

I plied the Bejeweled [Ravelry] singles and finished that handspun:

Bejeweled handspun

and the close-up:

Bejeweled handspun, close up
Specs:
Started 7/12/14;
Finished 7/14/14;
Merino-silk (3.8 oz) from the Yarn Wench; 
184.25 yds chain-ply, 12 WPI

I finally got around to skeining, taking pictures, and measuring the Red Sunshine handspun that I finished at the end of June.

Red Sunshine handspun

and the close-up:

Red Sunshine handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 6/14/14;
Finished 6/21/14;
Red merino-bamboo-nylon top from Twisted Sunshine;
126.6 yds chain-ply, 11 WPI
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...