Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Autumn...

...I'm so ready for autumn food!

Being that it's one of those weeks already, you get top-of-the-waves Tuesday today.
  1. I baked gingerbread cookies for Spin-In on Saturday and only kept 5 for home. Win!
     
  2. I finished spinning the singles for Seaglass [Ravelry]. They are resting for a few days before I will ply them. Camel-silk is very soft and I'm afraid that without the rest, it might fall apart during the plying process. We'll see how that goes.
     
  3. I started spinning Lilac Rose of Sharon [Ravelry], a Merino-Bamboo-Tussah Silk from Miss Babs.
     
  4. I declared Sunday to be Needlepoint Day, mostly because I didn't feel like working on any of the other WIPs. I had to frog a large section of the border because I was off one stitch. It was not something I could ignore, so out it came. I'm still off one stitch elsewhere, but it's in a section that is filled with specialty stitches and I think I can make adjustments to handle it. I might run out of one of the pearl cottons because I had to cut out some of the stitches. Keeping my fingers cross that I have enough!
     
  5. Reminder to self: when a needlepoint project says to stitch all of the borders and separators before continuing, ignore that instruction. I think I would have been better off stitching enough of the borders and separators to do a quarter of the design at a time.

    Normally when I stitch, I use the already completed sections as guides for the next section to stitch. There are too many large expanses of empty canvas for this project, and I'm afraid there might be several more counting errors. Guess I'll find out soon enough!
     
  6. I haven't taken enough time to look at the sky lately. The last sky pictures I took were last week (see below). I need to look up more!

Sunset 9/16/14
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...