Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and I have a couple of finished objects!

First up, some spinning. I've been incorrectly calling this Iris when it's really Rose of Sharon [Ravelry]:

Rose of Sharon handspun

Specs:
Started 9/20/14;
Finished 10/12/14;
Merino-Bamboo-Silk (4 oz) from Miss Babs;
318.25 2-ply, WPI TBD
I finished the Alcea Cowl [Ravelry] last night. Here it is, modeled by Borg the Moose:

Alcea Cowl

Another view:

Alcea Cowl, another view

Specs:
Started 9/13/14;
Finished 10/21/14;
Pattern: Alcea Cowl by Hannah Maier;
Yarn: La Jolla by Baah! in Brazilian Emerald
Loopy Academy project

I'm not completely happy with the seam, though. If I ever do another project like this, I am doing a provisional cast-on and then grafting the ends using the Kitchener method. What a pain in the neck it was trying to seam this after blocking!



WIP Roll Call

WIPs in Rotation:
  1. Wurm Hat (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Cuff is done; working on first pattern repeat
  2. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
    Starting the third of 8 medallions.
WIPs, no play this week:
  1. Ghouls, ghosts, and witches...oh, my! (cross stitch)
  2. I'm Just Mad About Citron Quilt (quilting)
  3. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  4. Stealth project
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  4. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry
  5. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
WIPs To Be:
  • Raspberry Mittens [Ravelry]
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...