Friday, January 23, 2015

Eye Candy Friday...

...and it's almost the weekend!

As promised, here are some of the photos I took during last week's Sunday walk. 

Some sweet alyssum:

Sweet Alyssum

Rosemary that is blooming:

Rosemary

and a pale pink rose:

Pink Rose

Up this weekend: we are down to one car due to some wiring damage in the Husband's car. Apparently some rats set up house in his car engine (ewww!) and chewed some very expensive wires. The good news is that it's covered under our comprehensive auto insurance. The bad news is that he won't get his car back until after Tuesday.

One thing we'll do this weekend is make sure that anything that looks remotely like food for rats or raccoons (birdseed, cat food) is either trashed or moved into metal containers. I suspect we'll do a little cleanup of the leaves in the courtyard to discourage nesting in there. I need to double-check my studio and make sure there is no evidence of invasion.  I keep cedar blocks, scented soaps, and other scented items in the containers that hold my yarn and fiber. I don't think they like the scents, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Oh, and yes I said raccoons up there. On Tuesday night, a raccoon got stuck in our courtyard and couldn't get out--it's tough climbing an 8-foot wall when you are a large animal and the trees are flimsy. He finally figured out how to climb up the sturdier of the two trees and grab a light fixture to pull himself out. It's a little unnerving when the raccoon stares at you through a sliding glass door. Here's a picture of him trying to figure out how to get into my studio and the tree and light fixture he climbed to escape.

This is not a cat

Craft-wise, I want to recover from the two-steps-back portion on Be My Baby [Ravelry]. I also want to work on the quilt and get closer to done.

The most important part of this weekend, though, is that the Husband and I will celebrate our 34/29 anniversary on Sunday. We've been together 34 years and married for 29...where did the time go?? We're not sure what we're doing yet, but some champagne will be involved!
.


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...