...and the weekend report.
- My Saturday morning meeting went well. I have taken on a commission quilting project that will be in complete stealth mode. I won't be posting pictures or saying anything specific about what it looks like. I know you probably think I'm crazy to take on another project, but there is no set delivery date for and that allows me some flexibility to work on it when my creativity is high.
- Spin-In was fun! I took some Irish cheeses and some crackers. A couple of spinners brought pie for Pi Day. The pie was so good!
I didn't quite finish spinning the Meteor Shower singles [Ravelry], but I did finish them on Sunday. The singles are resting until I get a chance to ply.
- I did some preliminary scoping of online quilt stores and one of my local stores to check the availability of what I need for the commission project. A couple of yards of fabric might have made it home with me. (Pay no attention to the quilter behind the curtain...)
- I worked on the Irisa Cowl/Scarf [Ravelry] for a bit. Not as much as I wanted, but at least I got a few more rows done.
- On Sunday, I made a stellar corned beef in the crock pot that was terminally simple. I rinsed a corned beef brisket that I bought at Safeway and put it in the crock pot. I sprinkled on the contents of the spice packet that was included with the meat, and followed that with a 14+oz. can of Guinness. I cooked it on high for 7 hours and it was falling apart by then. I roasted carrots, potatoes, and onions for an hour and quickly blanched some cabbage. It was a yummy dinner!