- Spin-In was held at a different location this month. We got to see Amy's new home, taste some wonderful food (yay for the gluten-free muffins and and the iced minty melon drink!). I baked some triple-chocolate brownies to share.
- At Spin-In, I started spinning Lilac [Ravelry], a Merino-Bamboo-Silk top from Miss Babs that I bought at Stitches West 2011. I've spun about 2.5 ounces of the 4.0 oz. in the bump.
- I finished hemstitching the Dreams of Amethyst Shawl [Ravelry]. I cut it off of the loom and gave it a bath on Saturday. After it was dry, I trimmed the fringe. I started to twist the fringe, but stopped as I'm not sure whether I like the look. I'm still thinking about it.
- I spend a little time on Tucson Twilight (needlepoint). I'm a little bored with this project as it uses the same stitch pattern for a large portion of the piece...the only difference is the color of the fiber. That's not enough to hold my interest.
- I knit a bit more on the Parritch Bonnet [Ravelry]. I'm now on row 14 of 25 before the decreases. It's a good project to work on while watching Outlander, although I do find that I completely stop knitting during the exciting parts. ;-)
- We finished and e-filed our taxes. I'm so glad to get that before the deadline, and not have to pay for a change!
- I strung a ton of beads for the Mermaid Bling art yarn [Ravelry]. I need to finish spinning the singles for the Lilac handspun so I can switch to the jumbo flyer to finish both yarns.
- I am still working on the layout of the commission project. I'm trying to decide how much of each fabric to use without going completely nuts.
...so far, so good.
...and heading into full-on baking mode! With the time change and shorter days, I have more opportunities to take sunrise photos. Here'...
...first one for September. Things are winding down in the garden. Our cherry tomato plant is in peak production mode. The abutilon i...
...not a lot of progress is happening right now. And it's started raining again, so not outside photo shoots until that stops. All I r...
...and Happy October! While I got a few things done over the weekend, it's not as much as I wanted. I did a Jo-Ann's run to buy f...