- On Saturday, I started plying the Mermaid Bling art yarn [Ravelry] with the beads I had pre-strung. I got about 4.5 yards in and decided I hated the look and hated the process. So I broke the thread, unstrung the beads, and knitted the thread ends. I plied the rest of the single with the thread and was much happier!
- Saturday was also the Husband's birthday. The Daughter came by to have lunch with him as she couldn't go to dinner with us.
We went to one of our favorite places (By Th' Bucket) where we used to go whenever the urge for steamed clams hit us. This place has been around forever and the clams were always great. We had not gone in several years because they didn't take reservations and the wait for a table was way too long.
The good news is that they now take reservations through Open Table and the clams are still yummy!
- On Sunday, I chain-plied the Lilac singles [Ravelry]. It turned out to be a DK weight yarn that is very soft.
- I also cut out more squares for the Commission quilt. I also made a run to the fabric store to pick up some interfacing, needles, and thread that I need for the project. I sent my client mockups of the layout so she can see my current vision of the quilt.
- I did the fulling of the Parritch Bonnet [Ravelry]. It's done by hand and it went much faster than I thought it would it. I modified the instructions a bit so I wouldn't use as much water. I soaked the hat in hot water and used a clear plastic soap saver (it looks like a rack) to knead the hat under water. I used about half the amount of water that way...absolutely necessary when you're in a drought situation.
The hat is drying on a blocking mat. It's quite thick so it may take a while to dry!
- I'm making great progress on the Striped Stockinette Snake [Ravelry]. I'm almost done with the increase section--one repeat number 10 of 11. I like the way the instructions have you knit the stripes. It's quite clever and easy to deal with. Once I finish this project , it's back to the dropped stitch scarf.
...I got a few things done over the weekend, but haven't taken photos yet.
...leading into a 3-day weekend and a short work week ahead because Stitches West!! The daffodils are blooming in our front yard: And...
...not a lot of progress is happening right now. And it's started raining again, so not outside photo shoots until that stops. All I r...
...first one for September. Things are winding down in the garden. Our cherry tomato plant is in peak production mode. The abutilon i...
I'm struggling a bit to get the new layout to do the things I want it to do (like make linkable buttons to my KALs in the side bar, us...