Friday, May 22, 2015

Eye Candy Friday and a long weekend ahead...

...hooray!

In the continuing series of flowers from our garden, here is Siberian squill (scilla):

Scilla

This kangaroo paw plant is just getting started:

Harmony Kangaroo Paws, just starting up

and the nasturtiums are going nuts:

Nasturtiums

This is a new flowers for the garden, a Parry's Hybrid Crowea:

Parry's Hybrid Crowea

Up this weekend: a little housecleaning and a lot of crafting!

I want to take a quick trip to the quilting store to scope out border fabric for the commission quilt. I have an idea of what I want, but I want to see the options.

I want to stash dive in my charts file cabinet to see whether I can find the cross stitch version of the Santa Fe #5 needlepoint canvas. I know I bought one, but I don't know if I still have it, given that it was at least 10 years ago if not longer. Regardless of whether I find it, I plan on starting the canvas this weekend.

I'm going to pack up Tucson Twilight and put it away for a while. I just can't look at it right now.

And then there are the two handspuns I have in process. I should be able to finish at least one of them this weekend.

So looking forward to that extra day off!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...