Friday, July 10, 2015

Eye Candy Friday and Tour de Fleece status...

...and it's F.O. Friday, too!

First, a little eye candy. Our spider lilies are blooming like crazy:

Spider lilies

Not much else to show you at this point as there is nothing new.

I forgot to show this ornament that I finished on 6/28:

Southwestern Angel ornament #3

This is my favorite of the 3 Southwestern angel ornaments, but I really dislike this fabric.

Last night, I finished stitching the Scaredy Sheep scissor fob:

Scaredy Sheep scissor fob
I've added it to the stack of finishing projects that I'll work on when I've made significant progress on the commission piece.

Tour de Fleece, Day 5:

I continued spinning the turquoise Crazy Batt [Ravelry] from Faerie Mountain on the spindle.

Tour de Fleece, Day 6:

I checked out my wheel to see what's wobbling. It looks like it's the hinge. The bushing it still seated so it's not the problem now. I cut a piece of that spongy shelf lining and put it between the folding components, taking care not to catch it in the hinge. Once I tightened the knob, the wheel stopped wobbling. Hooray!

I put the fast flyer on the wheel, transferred the spindle-spun singles to a bobbin, and spun the remaining fiber on the wheel.

Tour de Fleece, Day 7 (7/10):

I put the jumbo flyer on the wheel...still no wobble. Yay!  I plied the singles from yesterday and finally finished another Tour de Fleece yarn. This is Crazy Turquoise [Ravelry]:

Crazy Turquoise handspun

and the close up:

Crazy Turquoise handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/6/15
Finished 7/10/15
Crazy batt (2.0 oz) from Faerie Mountain
87.5 yds, worsted weight

It feels good to be back on track!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...