Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Finished Object and WIP-it Wednesday...

...I finished the stealth commission quilt and delivered it yesterday! 

So what have I been working on since March?  This is "The Hawaiian Shirt Off Your Back":

The Hawaiian Shirt Off Your Back quilt

and the label:

The Hawaiian Shirt Off Your Back quilt label

Specs:
Started 3/14/2015;
Finished 9/27/2015
Machine pieced and quilted

The quilt was commission by my boss' wife. She provided 10 of her husband's Hawaiian shirts to use as the fabric and requested a lap-sized quilt. Because the shirts didn't have a lot of color, I supplemented them with Hawaiian yardage. Both the borders and the binding are batiks. The backing fabric is a cotton surfboard fabric from Dean Miller.

And stealth project #2...I had a lot of fabric left from the shirts and didn't want to waste it. My boss has a small dog that he calls "little dog". So I made a doggie pillow out of the same shirt fabrics. This is "...And Your Little Dog, Too":


...And Your Little Dog, Too, a quilted dog pillow

and the reverse:


...And Your Little Dog, Too (back), a quilted dog pillow

and the label:

...And Your LIttle Dog, Too quilt label

Specs:
Started 8/8/15;
Completed 9/20/15

It is a two-sided quilted pillow cover with a zipper. The blocks are leftover Hawaiian shirt fabric used in the commissioned quilt. I used the same green batik fabric for the border and used the Dean Miller surfboard fabric for the inside. I made a custom, removable pillow insert.

I am very happy with how they turned out and my client seems happy. Yay!

Now I had to look at the WIPs that have been on hold for the last month and prioritize what to finish before December.

WIP Roll Call:

Worked on:
  • Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Working on row 45 of 62.
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Calypso handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
  3. Empress handspun [Ravelry]
  4. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  5. No-Noro Hat for Halos of Hope (knitting)
  6. Sail (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)\
  5. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...