Thursday, October 08, 2015

F.O., Stash, and WIPs on a Thursday...

...because Wednesday just disappeared on me! Spoiler Alert for this post: photos of the latest installment of the Blue Moon Fiber Arts sock club ahead.

First the Finished Object. Here is Beyond Antares [Ravelry] as shown on my office model, Borg:

Beyond Antares cowl

and another view:

Beyond Antares, another view

Specs:
Started 7/21/14
Finished 10/3/15
Pattern: Equatorial Nights by Audry Nicklin;
Yarn: Dragonfly Fibers Pixie in Danaerys;
6/0 silver-lined crystal beads

I'm still not happy with the blocking, but I'm not going to obsess about it any more. It's done.

Moving on...here is the latest Rockin Sock Club installment. This is the package:

Rockin Sock Club, September 2015 installment

and the yarn:

Socks That Rock Lightweight in Happy Anniversary!

I'm not in love with anything in this package. I'm tired of the stitch markers they've been including in each package--once was fine, but not every package. The yarn color combination is not me and the patterns are not calling my name. However, this yarn might make an interesting woven piece with the right warp, so some experiments are on tap for it.

And finally the WIP roll call. I've been taking a break since I finished the commissioned quilt, but it's time to get back into gear.

WIP Roll Call:

Worked on:
  • Sail (cross stitch)
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Calypso handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
  3. Empress handspun [Ravelry]
  4. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  5. No-Noro Hat for Halos of Hope (knitting)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)\
  5. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...