...and the weekend report.
- We had a small group for Spin-In this month. I made some pumpkin mini-muffins to take and they turned out pretty well. The big bummer was that my spinning wheel is having issues again were it folds I could not get the bushing seated well enough to keep my wheel upright and functional. Fortunately, the hostess has a single treadle version of my wheel. I borrowed her wheel, moved my bobbin over, and worked on Calypso [Ravelry] .
I learned that I much prefer a double-treadle wheel--it's easier for me to keep the rhythm going. Also, I was a lot slower spinning on it because the stopping and starting added a lot of time to the process. At least, I was able to spin!
- We did some housecleaning in preparation for our Wednesday and Thursday house guest. The Husband caught a bad cold and wasn't feeling well on Sunday, so we didn't get nearly as much done as we should have. I figure as long as the bathroom and the guest room (read: husband's office) are clean, we're good.
- I am fighting hard not to catch his cold!
- I did absolutely no sewing or quilting over the weekend.
- I made a little progress on the Sail cross stitch.
- In the two-steps back category, I had to frog the Halos of Hope hat back to the ribbing. Something was completely off in the pattern. Because of the location of the error, there was no easy way of just dropping down to fix it. Rats!
- I managed to finish reading a book! Now I'm only 6 books behind on my goal of reading 100 books this year.