The biggest WIP right now, besides the baking, is out Christmas tree. We got it last Saturday and it's been sitting in a bucket of water until last night.
We moved the furniture and brought in the tree. Getting it in the stand is always challenging, but we managed by trimming some branches on the bottom. Getting it upright took brute force. At some point we're going to have to admit our ages and have someone help us. For now, we can still handle it.
After moving the furniture into the Christmas configuration, we decided that was all we could do for the night!
I checked the stand for leaks this morning and found a small one. I puttied it and will check tonight when I get home. If it's not leaking, I'll start decorating tonight.
I have a few pictures from Sunday's cookie baking. Here's one; the rest are in my Flickr photostream.
WIP Roll Call:
Finished the fruitcakes, lemon bread, and pumpkin bread. Made 772 cookies; about 175 need icing. Next up are biscotti, chocolate bark, and sugared nuts.
- Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Calypso handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Empress handspun [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- Sail (cross stitch)
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)\
- Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.