My weekend was filled with my sewing project. Here's the fabric I used:
It turned into a skirt (the paisley fabric) and a top (one of the teal fabrics). The skirt fits and is a good length for me. The top also fits, but I'm not completely happy with the way the fabric worked up. The skirt is soft and flowy. The top color is perfect, but it is a little stiff. I'm afraid to wash it without having a backup. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough yardage in my alternate fabric to make another top. At this point, I just need something for Saturday, so I ordered something from Amazon. I think the top that I made will work well for pants, so all is not lost.
I didn't do much else on the weekend other than work on Costa del Mar (knitting) [Ravelry]. I'm really enjoying this pattern. It's simple enough to knit while watching TV, but has enough variation so it doesn't get boring.
I hope to get back to the canvas work project soon.
*WIPs roll call*
- Costa del Mar (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Empress handspun [Ravelry]
- Friendship Star (needlepoint)
- Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
- Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.