Wednesday, April 27, 2016

WIP-it Wednesday...

...this week has been a blur, mostly because I'm still trying to catch up on sleep that I missed on Saturday.

Saturday, we drove to Sacramento to attend our niece's wedding celebration. We took the Husband's parents with us. We spent Saturday night in a hotel as they were not up to diving back home (2+ hours) in the same day and, frankly, I was happier that we didn't have to.

Afternoon clouds

(Photo of the clouds on the way to Sacramento.)

The wedding celebration was great. It was good to see family member that we haven't seen in a while. Both sets of the bride's grandparents were able to attend, which made it very special. And the Daughter was able to be there, too!

The lack of sleep came from the Husband's snoring and the various hotel lights and sounds. It was not a restful night for me. When we got home, I managed to get the laundry done and not much else. I was tired, but I can't nap during the day, so... I was so tried I couldn't sleep well on Sunday, and I've been playing catch-up ever since.

The good part about being in on a car trip is that I got to knit the whole time...4+ hours total!  I worked on Costa del Mar [Ravelry] and finished the second wedge. I started the third wedge on Monday.

While I was doing the laundry, I worked on the Friendship Star project. I also started plying Empress. No update photos on either project yet, but soon!

*WIPs roll call*

Worked on:
  • Costa del Mar (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Started on the 3rd wedge
  • Empress handspun [Ravelry]
    Started plying
  • Friendship Star (needlepoint) 
    Working on the center motif
Works In Progress:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  6. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...