Friday, May 13, 2016

Eye Candy Friday...

...and finally photos of the latest spinning project.

First, the eye candy. The Husband bought me some new flowers for Mother's Day. This is Mimulus naiandinus:

Mimulus naiandinus

This is is Rhodohypoxis baurii "Pintado":

Rhodohypoxis baurii Pintado

and this is Meadow Foam:


Meadow foam

Next, the Finished Object. This is Empress handspun [Ravelry]:

Empress handspun

and the close-up:

Empress handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/20/15;
Finished 4/30/16;
Batt (2.0) from Purlescence Yarns;
Tour de Fleece 2013 prize;
148.9 yds. chain-plied, 13 WPI

Up this weekend: More time with the Baby Wolf loom!

My BW stroller arrived today, so I plan on installing it tomorrow. The wheels will allow me to position the loom in front of one of my storage benches, which I hope will work for this first project. I think in the long run that I'll have to buy a real weaving bench, but I need to know the optimal height for me and I won;t know that until I've tried a few options.

I plan on sleying the reed and getting the tie-up right for the twill patterns I'm starting with. After that, I might actually weave! Yay!
.


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...