Thursday, June 09, 2016

Wow, it's Thursday...

...what happened to the rest of the week?

Here's a quick recap of the weekend and the week so far, followed by a WIPs list.
  • Since I didn't receive my replacement yarn, I didn't do any weaving.
     
  • I haven't done any spinning in too long.
     
  • I haven't done any knitting since Sunday.
     
  • I found a cache of small needlepoint canvases (4x4 inches, I think). They are all of Southwestern pottery, one per canvas. I had already finished one and started another. I hadn't touched them in years.

    I'm out of one of the wool colors, so I started another that didn't use the missing color. No photos yet. Here's the finished one:
Kokopelli pottery

  • I've read one book and I'm halfway through another.
     
  • I spent the majority of my time doing finishing work. Typically, I save up a few pieces of needlework (read: 3 or 4) and do all of the finishing work at once. This time I put off the finishing work way too long. I had accumulated a lot of items that need finishing. I prepped a bunch of them for the next step (sewing, lacing, whatever). There are several more that aren't prepped yet.
      
    So far I've prepped:
    • 4 scissor fobs (like little pillows)
    • 2 Christmas ornaments
    • 6 Halloween pictures (may turn into pillows)
    • 8 seasonal pictures (may turn into pillows)
    • 6 needlepoint picture
     
    The photo shows the prepped stacks.

Finishing work, in progress

Still on the list is a May recap.

*WIPs roll call*

Worked on:
  • Costa del Mar (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Working on section 6
  • Finishing work
    Trimmed cross-stitched pieces and cut backing fabric. For the needlepoint pieces, I cut foam core to size and pinned the canvases to the boards.
Works In Progress:
  1. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
  2. 4-shaft weaving sampler
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  5. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  7. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...