Here's a quick recap of the weekend and the week so far, followed by a WIPs list.
- Since I didn't receive my replacement yarn, I didn't do any weaving.
- I haven't done any spinning in too long.
- I haven't done any knitting since Sunday.
- I found a cache of small needlepoint canvases (4x4 inches, I think). They are all of Southwestern pottery, one per canvas. I had already finished one and started another. I hadn't touched them in years.
I'm out of one of the wool colors, so I started another that didn't use the missing color. No photos yet. Here's the finished one:
- I've read one book and I'm halfway through another.
- I spent the majority of my time doing finishing work. Typically, I save up a few pieces of needlework (read: 3 or 4) and do all of the finishing work at once. This time I put off the finishing work way too long. I had accumulated a lot of items that need finishing. I prepped a bunch of them for the next step (sewing, lacing, whatever). There are several more that aren't prepped yet.
So far I've prepped:
- 4 scissor fobs (like little pillows)
- 2 Christmas ornaments
- 6 Halloween pictures (may turn into pillows)
- 8 seasonal pictures (may turn into pillows)
- 6 needlepoint picture
The photo shows the prepped stacks.
Still on the list is a May recap.
*WIPs roll call*
- Costa del Mar (knitting) [Ravelry]
Working on section 6
- Finishing work
Trimmed cross-stitched pieces and cut backing fabric. For the needlepoint pieces, I cut foam core to size and pinned the canvases to the boards.
- Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
- 4-shaft weaving sampler
- Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.