Friday, August 26, 2016

Eye Candy Friday...

...hooray for the weekend.

The month is winding down and we are harvesting even more tomatoes and the occasional melon. Here's a cross-section of a pepino melon we harvested:

Pepino melon

Our herbs are blooming. Here is marjoram:

Majoram

...and oregano:

Oregano

Our neighbor's oleander is going crazy:

Pink oleander

Up this weekend: Purlescence Yarns is closing on Sunday. I'm sad to see them go, but completely understand the need to retire. (I wish I could!) I'm going to try an make it in there one more time, but I'll have to see how the weekend plays out.

The kitchen is done and it's time to move everything back into place. I want to take a pass through a couple of drawers to see whether there's anything else that can go to Goodwill or get recycled. We might have to replace one of our free-standing cabinets as it's very old and the wood seems to be deteriorating on one side.

Craft-wise, I need to get back into the swing of things. I haven't worked on anything except the striped hat, and I haven't actually spent any quality time with it either.

And I really should get back to the loom!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...