- I worked on the Christmas quilt and have a preliminary layout. I'm trying to decide whether I want it to be square (6 x 6 blocks) or rectangular (6 x 7). I usually make this pattern rectangular, but I'm leaning towards square as it's different.
- I made some progress on the Christmas cookbook and looked a some sites to get an idea of cost. Yeah, I might not be printing very many of them!
- I decided that I will machine-stitch appliques on the corners of the baby quilt after it's sandwiched and partially quilted. I did that on the cat quilt I made and it has held up very well through multipl washings.
- The Mother of Dragons shawl is going to take a time-out until after Christmas. I really need a knitting project that I can easily pickup and put down during the holidays. Hats are the easiest, so...
- ...I bought some yarn for more Halos of Hope hats. I started one on Monday at Craft Coffee.
- As for Thanksgiving (next week!), I decided to make my own dry brine mix after seeing how much the Williams-Sonoma version cost. I am also forgoing the Turkey Gravy Base that I buy from them. I love their stuff and the quality is excellent, but it's getting pricey (along with everything else!).
- Yeah, I'm way late on a recap.
*WIPs roll call*
- All That Glitters Christmas quilt (quilting)
Did a preliminary layout of the top; need to look at it fo a while to determine if I like the combination of blocks.
- Christmas goodie cookbook (desktop publishing)
Input a few more recipes and located more sources.
- Icelandic Halos of Hope hat (knitting)
Almost done with the ribbing. Need to decide what the rest of the hat will look like RSN.
- 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
- Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
- Finishing work
- Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Sea of Dreams baby quilt (quilting)
- St. Charles (needlepoint)
- Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
- Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.