Wednesday, November 16, 2016

WIP-it Wednesday and some catch-up...

...I am herding cats again for open enrollment and the days just speed on by. I thought about posting yesterday and that's as far as I got.
  • I worked on the Christmas quilt and have a preliminary layout. I'm trying to decide whether I want it to be square (6 x 6 blocks) or rectangular (6 x 7). I usually make this pattern rectangular, but I'm leaning towards square as it's different.
  • I made some progress on the Christmas cookbook and looked a some sites to get an idea of cost. Yeah, I might not be printing very many of them!
  • I decided that I will machine-stitch appliques on the corners of the baby quilt after it's sandwiched and partially quilted. I did that on the cat quilt I made and it has held up very well through multipl washings.
  • The Mother of Dragons shawl is going to take a time-out until after Christmas. I really need a knitting project that I can easily pickup and put down during the holidays. Hats are the easiest, so...
  • ...I bought some yarn for more Halos of Hope hats. I started one on Monday at Craft Coffee.
  • As for Thanksgiving (next week!), I decided to make my own dry brine mix after seeing how much the Williams-Sonoma version cost. I am also forgoing the Turkey Gravy Base that I buy from them. I love their stuff and the quality is excellent, but it's getting pricey (along with everything else!).
  • Yeah, I'm way late on a recap.

*WIPs roll call*

Worked on:
  • All That Glitters Christmas quilt (quilting)
    Did a preliminary layout of the top; need to look at it fo a while to determine if I like the combination of blocks.
  • Christmas goodie cookbook (desktop publishing)
    Input a few more recipes and located more sources.
  • Icelandic Halos of Hope hat (knitting)
    Almost done with the ribbing. Need to decide what the rest of the hat will look like RSN.
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  3. Finishing work 
  4. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting)  [Ravelry]
  5. Sea of Dreams baby quilt (quilting)
  6. St. Charles (needlepoint)
  7. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  5. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  7. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...