Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report. In a nutshell, the weekend was catch-up chores and a little bit of weaving. There was so much catch-up to do!

We've been fighting the battle of the fleas for quite a while now. I think we're almost done, but it required a whole lot of laundry...again. The cats got their 3rd dose of Advantage 2 and I completely stripped the bed and put all of the bedding in the wash except for the comforter, which doesn't fit in my washing machine. That I sent through the dryer on high. The, a lot of vacuuming and spraying everything with the clove-scented flea spray. Whew!

In between loads of laundry, I warped my rigid heddle loom with some yummy Blue Heron rayon-metallic yarn in Rosewood. The color is copper with a slight pink caste to it:

Rosewood yarn

I've used this yarn for weaving twice before and I really love how it turns out. However, I really need to have at least 1.5 skeins of it for a shawl, and I only have 1 in the stash. I'm going to supplement the weft with a couple of novelty yarns that I have in the stash, but that still won't be enough. So I decided to just buy another skein...the order is on its way from Blue Heron.

The other thing I did this weekend was buy a dress and shoes for the Hall of Fame dinner we are attending on Friday. The Daughter is being inducted into her high school's hall of fame. We are so proud!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...