...and the weekend report.
- Errands and chores were (mostly) accomplished. I didn't spend as much time on housework as I should have, but oh well!
- I made a little progress with the attic windows quilt. I am waiting for more feature fabric to arrive, so I didn't spend a lot of time on it. Mostly, I mulled my sashing color choices. I'm not completely happy with what I have. I don't want to cut the strips until I know for sure.
- In the course of stash diving for other sashing possibilities, I decided to do a little fabric rearranging. I keep buying fabric and I'm running out of room.
Originally, I had the fat quarters and half-yard cuts, folded and stacked in two rows like in this photo:
By flipping them into columns, I have room to put 4 to 6 mini-bolts standing next to the columns. That frees up some space in the mini-bolt cubbies.
I'm not done yet, but I like it so far. I'll try to get photos soon. Right now, it's a mess because of the transition and the fabrics I've pulled to use in the current quilt.
- I need to look at the placement of the large pieces in the studio to see if there is a better way to arrange things. When the large loom is open, space is at a premium.
- I spent the majority of my craft time on the mermaid. I am working my way up her torso and stitching some of the foam that she holds in her hands.
- I have to make a quick trip to Mom's this coming weekend, so very little crafting will occur. My favorite cousin and her mom will be there and I haven't seen them in a long time.
The Husband will be on his own. I'm sure he won't mind having the house to himself! Well, the kitties will be there...