Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Top-of-the-waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.

We made it to the V.E.T. on Friday with only a little bloodshed. Tica does not like the carrier at all! We had to burrito her in a towel to get her into the carrier. They yowled the whole 5 minutes it took to drive to the vet's office.

Tica passed her exam and is doing well for a cat who just turned 17. Sombra is also doing OK at 16, but needs to lose [a lot of] weight.  The Husband needs to cut out giving them treats during the day and we need to reduce the amount of food we put out for Sombra. In addition, Sombra had dirty ears and had to get them cleaned by the vet tech. She's on ear drops for the next few days, and boy does she hate that!

I got sucked into a cross stitch vortex on Saturday. I am getting *this close* to finishing the cross stitch portion of the mermaid. I found a placement error that was easily fixed (thank goodness) and was probably a function of working upside down. I think it's time to turn her right-side up for the final sections.

I still have large swaths of DMC 503 to do, but I now have most of the surrounding stitches done. This will make stitching the 503 sections faster.

I didn't work on anything else all weekend. That will probably be true until I finish the stitching on this piece. I am so ready to move on to the beading portion of be done with this project!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...