Saturday, January 05, 2008

Blogiversary and a contest...

...my blog is Two today!

As I started my second year of blogging, it became clear that my original blog name (SolarCross) did not reflect the true state of my craftiness. While I still love cross stitch, it is no longer my primary craft. In March, I changed the name of my blog to something that was more me. Yup, Needle Loca, that's me! (Some days, the Loca part is much more evident!)

The last year has also seen an improvement in the quality of my photos and a move to Flickr as my photo repository. While the Blogger photo capability worked OK, Flickr makes it easy to track which photos are online. As a side benefit, a couple of my photos were selected for use in other web sites:
While I still use my web site to document projects, the most current information will always be on this blog. It's much quicker to post to the blog, especially when I'm deep into a work project. I update the web site when I have more time.

Anyway, I'd like to say thanks to all of you who read the blog! Let's see what year #3 brings!

The Contest

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know I go all out for Holiday baking. (If you're not a regular reader, go read the December 2007 archive...we'll wait. Ready now?) When I made my big biscotti batch this year, I made so many that I used every cookie sheet and baking rack I own.

The Question
Post your answer to the following:
How many cookie sheets do you think I own?
(Hint: more than 2, less than 20)
The Rules
  1. Only answers entered as comments to this post will be accepted.
  2. In your post, indicate whether you prefer the "knitter" or "spinner" prize (see below).
  3. Post your answer by Midnight PST January 14, 2008.
    • If there are multiple correct answers, a winner will be chosen at random from the correct answers.
    • If there are no correct answers, the person closest to the correct answer (within 5) will win.
    • If no one comes close, a winner will be chose at random from all the answers.
  4. The winner will be announced in the blog January 15th.
The Prize
Good luck to all!

5 comments:

Just Jane said...

my guess is 8...love the yarn...but also think the roving is cool!!

I love it that your apricot picture is being used!! It's really very beautiful! Hope there was a commission!

Anonymous said...

How many? I'd say eleven cookie sheets. I know, an odd number. Congrats on the two years - love reading your blog :) Terry

ikkinlala said...

My guess is six - I can't really see why you'd need more than that for cookies unless you have several ovens. I only have four (and a big oven) and they cool quickly enough between batches to be used again.

You did far better with your Christmas baking than I did this year. You made much more than I did, and I wasn't done until after Christmas.

I'm a knitter.

JBarr5 said...

9 sheets and im a knitter

i've scaled down on my cookie making LOL

marie said...

Thanks to all of you for entering! The answer is 15 and a picture has been posted in today's (1/15) blog entry.

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...