Friday, January 11, 2008

It's Eye Candy Friday again!

...when we were moving things away from the windows before the installers came. I took down a quilt top I had been using as decoration. Hiding behind the top was a picture that I'd forgotten we had. Originally, when I hung the quilt top, it was "just to see what it looked like" and it stayed up on the wall for 2+ years. (LOL!)

So here is the beautiful metal and wood art piece/picture called "Fern."

Fern by Jim Willis

The artist is Jim Willis; this one is #5 of 25 created in 1998 and copyrighted in 1999. Here is a detailed shot of the metal portion:

Detail of Fern picture

Beautiful, isn't it? We moved it into the living room where it looks right at home with the wood windows and Mission furniture.

Up this weekend, the final holiday cleanup. The Daughter left on Wednesday, so I can get my office (AKA her room) back in order and put away the Star Trek ornaments. I'd like to finish one of my needlework WIPs to get it out of my hair, but I hear Sirena calling me...I need to do some spinning! I'm going to try and restrain myself from buying any yarn or fiber until Stitches West—it's a little more than a month off. Hope I can hold off that long!!

This is your last
Blogiversary contest reminder! Now, if you are not a knitter or spinner or don't want any more stash (?!), go ahead and enter anyway. I'll give you more biscotti to compensate!

1 comment:

ikkinlala said...

It is beautiful - what a surprise it must have been to find it again after 2 years!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...