With the recent completion of two projects, let's do a roll call and status of the current WIPs.
Status of the WIPs in rotation:
1. Mediterranean Mermaid (cross stitch)
By far, she has received the most attention in the last week. It was very satisfying to see her tail take shape. I have rotated the frame and have started working my way up her torso.& This is what she looks like now:
2. The Night is Purple and Full of Stars (Southern Skies) shawl [Ravelry]:
In the One-Step-Forward-Two-Steps-Back category: I finished edging repeat number 19 of 58 only to discover that I was off by one stitch. Must have been when I fell asleep in the middle of a row. No, I'm not bored with this project much. Sigh.
3. Carbonized Zombie socks [Ravelry]
I finished pattern repeat number 2 of 3.9 last night. After measuring the cuff at this point, I've decided that I will probably do only 2.9 pattern repeats and then start the heel flap. I like 5-inch cuffs on my socks and I think 2.9 repeats will be just short of 5 inches; 3.9 repeats would be too long. In any case, they won't be finished for Socktoberfest. Oh, well. Here's what they look like now:
4. Love Scissor fob (cross stitch)
I stitched the word Love and am stitching pretty much everything I can until I only have the little people left to stitch. Then I'll just bite the bullet and stitch them.
Waiting to be rotated in:
- Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint) - I've decided that to do about the gradient French knot sections. I'm going to fill them in with basketweave stitches using the gradient floss that was used in the center frame section and move on.
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Seaweed Cardigan (knitting) [Ravelry]
- A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.