Wednesday, October 23, 2013

and the WIPs keep crawling out of the woodwork...

...I don't know if I'll ever have a complete list of my WIPs. I keep finding them in the oddest places!

Case in point: I was looking for a project envelope so I could take my latest Halloween cross stitch to work on during my lunch hour.  Well, I found the envelope, but it had this in it:

Love Scissor Fob, in progress

Yup, another WIP.  This is the Love Fob by Shepherd's Bush.

I searched my project database to see when I started it and I could not find it. A little more research and I discovered that I had it listed as the Valentine scissor fob and I started it in July 2004. It must of been one of the last fobs I started before I lost my scissor fob mojo.  Anyway, the back is done and I need to work on the front.

So I thought I'd stitch on it for an hour on Sunday. And then I remembered why I put it aside. It has people on it. Shepherd's Bush people. SB people are somewhat squat, usually in profile, and very country-looking. I don't like stitching them as there are frequently confetti stitches. To add to that, the charm has gone missing. Boo...

Status of the remaining WIPs in rotation:
  1. Mediterranean Mermaid (cross stitch): Almost done stitching the tail!
  2. The Night is Purple and Full of Stars (Southern Skies) shawl [Ravelry]: Finished edging pattern repeat #16 of 58. At least it's a little progress!
  3. Be a Witch Monthly Musing (cross stitch): 85% done. I won't show another picture until it's done.
  4. Carbonized Zombie socks [Ravelry]: On hold for a moment while I finish up Be A Witch. Then I need to get serious if I want to finish these for Socktoberfest!
  5. Windsor Denim and Chocolate singles (spinning): 2/3rds spun
Waiting to be rotated in:

  1. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)- Technically it's still on hold, but I actually did a little work on it last week.
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry
Hibernating:

  1. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  2. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  4. Seaweed Cardigan (knitting)  [Ravelry
WIPs To Be:
  • A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.
 Yeah, I have enough to keep me occupied!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...