...and a couple of finishes.
Over the weekend, I got quite a bit done on the mermaid. The new glasses work well with my magnifier and I was able to get back to my normal cross stitching speed. I am in the home stretch of the beading. I am beading the final swish of light blue beads that extends from the vase she is holding to her tail. So close!!
On Saturday, I started spinning Bloomfield Blues, an alpaca-silk top from Royale Hare that I bought at Stitches West 2012. I am spinning this on the thin side with the intent of doing a 2-ply. We'll see if I actually do that or end up doing chain ply like I always do. Lol!
I mentioned that I had spun an art yarn the weekend before. I finally took some pictures. Here is Tribe handspun:
and a close-up:
Started and finished 4/19/14;
Wild Card Bling Batt by The Yarn Wench;
Corespun on Aunt Lydia's Fashion Crochet yarn (#3) in copper;
Autowrapped with beige rayon thread;
46.5 yards, bulky
And I finally finished the inkle strap I've been weaving since 2012! Yay!
Aunt Lydia's Fashion Crochet thread (Size 3) in blue, copper, and black;
Approx 60 inches long
Good progress all around!
...and a progress photo (finally) of the current mermaid cross stitch. First, a little bit about this mermaid pattern. Before I [re]learne...
...and the weekend report. I spent most of my weekend at the sewing machine. I sewed the stitched pieces to their backing fabric. Origi...
...it was a busy day yesterday. (Picture-less for now; I'll take pictures later when there is better light) The last installment of th...
...Happy July! I'm looking forward to a 3-day weekend! A couple of weeks ago, I posted a photo of the foxgloves that were just startin...