Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and a couple of finishes.

Over the weekend, I got quite a bit done on the mermaid. The new glasses work well with my magnifier and I was able to get back to my normal cross stitching speed. I am in the home stretch of the beading. I am beading the final swish of light blue beads that extends from the vase she is holding to her tail. So close!!

On Saturday, I started spinning Bloomfield Blues, an alpaca-silk top from Royale Hare that I bought at Stitches West 2012. I am spinning this on the thin side with the intent of doing a 2-ply. We'll see if I actually do that or end up doing chain ply like I always do. Lol!

I mentioned that I had spun an art yarn the weekend before. I finally took some pictures. Here is Tribe handspun:

Tribe handspun

and a close-up:

Tribe handspun, close up

Specs:
Started and finished 4/19/14;
Wild Card Bling Batt by The Yarn Wench;
Corespun on Aunt Lydia's Fashion Crochet yarn (#3) in copper;
Autowrapped with beige rayon thread;
46.5 yards, bulky

And I finally finished the inkle strap I've been weaving since 2012! Yay!

Striped Inkle Strap

Specs: 
Started 12/27/12;
Finished 4/26/14;
Aunt Lydia's Fashion Crochet thread (Size 3) in blue, copper, and black;
Approx 60 inches long

Good progress all around!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...