...I'm cranking this month!
First, little weekend report.
I spent some of my Saturday lacing the mermaid onto foam core and getting her into a frame. She looks pretty good:
Saturday afternoon was Spin-In. Lots of good company, and munchies, too! I started spinning a merino-silk in Monarch butterfly colors.
On Sunday, I continued spinning the Bloomfield Blues alpaca-silk that I'd started the week before. I really love how soft this fiber feels! I finished spinning the singles. I'm letting them rest for a few days before I make a 2ply yarn out of it.
I tried very hard to finish knitting the Carbonized Zombie socks, but was not able to do so. I finished them last night, though! Thank goodness! Here they are:
Pattern: Zombie Socks by Sheryl Giles;
Yarn: BMFA Socks That Rock Lightweight in Carbon Dioxide
These will probably be the last socks that I knit for quite a while. I did not enjoy the process as much as I used to. I think it will have to be a very special pattern to entice me to knit socks again!
I've finished quite a few things this month, so I need to decide whether to start something new or keep charging through my WIPs.
Mermaid of the Pearls is calling my name though...she's been in my stash since 1997, waiting for me to feel brave enough to stitch her. The number of beads in this design was intimidating up until now. I think I'm ready.
...leading into a 3-day weekend and a short work week ahead because Stitches West!! The daffodils are blooming in our front yard: And...
...not a lot of progress is happening right now. And it's started raining again, so not outside photo shoots until that stops. All I r...
...first one for September. Things are winding down in the garden. Our cherry tomato plant is in peak production mode. The abutilon i...
I'm struggling a bit to get the new layout to do the things I want it to do (like make linkable buttons to my KALs in the side bar, us...