Tuesday, May 13, 2014

F.O. Tuesday...

...I'm cranking this month!

First,  little weekend report.

I spent some of my Saturday lacing the mermaid onto foam core and getting her into a frame. She looks pretty good:

Mediterranean Mermaid, framed

Saturday afternoon was Spin-In. Lots of good company, and munchies, too! I started spinning a merino-silk in Monarch butterfly colors.

On Sunday, I continued spinning the Bloomfield Blues alpaca-silk that I'd started the week before. I really love how soft this fiber feels! I finished spinning the singles. I'm letting them rest for a few days before I make a 2ply yarn out of it.

I tried very hard to finish knitting the Carbonized Zombie socks, but was not able to do so. I finished them last night, though! Thank goodness! Here they are:

Carbonized Zombie socks

Specs:
Started 10/6/13;
Finished 5/12/14;
Pattern: Zombie Socks by Sheryl Giles;
Yarn: BMFA Socks That Rock Lightweight in Carbon Dioxide

These will probably be the last socks that I knit for quite a while. I did not enjoy the process as much as I used to. I think it will have to be a very special pattern to entice me to knit socks again!

I've finished quite a few things this month, so I need to decide whether to start something new or keep charging through my WIPs.

Mermaid of the Pearls is calling my name though...she's been in my stash since 1997, waiting for me to feel brave enough to stitch her. The number of beads in this design was intimidating up until now.  I think I'm ready.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...