I have my Stitches West stuff gathered and in one place. I need to stop at the grocery store to buy a few snacks and something for lunches. Tomorrow will be a full day, but so worth it!
The mini-cupcakes that I made for Spin-In.
I went back to my roots for spinning and started a Falkland top from Yarn Wench. I managed to get 75% of the singles spun. I'll finish up the singles in the next week and then ply it.
I spent several hours fixing my Canto de Sirena shawl [Ravelry]. There were several issues and at first it seemed like I would have to pull out two rows to fix them. I really didn't want to do that as each row is 362 stitches and it takes me a long time to knit that many stitches. Fortunately, I read this post from the Yarn Harlot about fixing errors in lace projects. And, to top it off, she was working on the same pattern that I am. I used her method to correct my errors and although it took quite a long time to fix them, it was still less than it would have been if I'd pulled out the two rows and re-knit them. At any rate, the project is back on track.
Stay tuned for photos from Stitches West!
**WIP Roll Call**
- Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Leaf Monthly Musing (cross stitch)
- Sweet Heat handspun (spinning) [not in Ravelry yet]
- Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Empress handspun [Ravelry]
- Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.