Wednesday, February 17, 2016

WIP-it Wednesday and Stitches West Eve...

...I am so ready to immerse myself in 4 days of fibery things!

I have my Stitches West stuff gathered and in one place. I need to stop at the grocery store to buy a few snacks and something for lunches. Tomorrow will be a full day, but so worth it!

The mini-cupcakes that I made for Spin-In.

Red velvet mini-cupcakes

I went back to my roots for spinning and started a Falkland top from Yarn Wench.  I managed to get 75% of the singles spun. I'll finish up the singles in the next week and then ply it.

I spent several hours fixing my Canto de Sirena shawl [Ravelry]. There were several issues and at first it seemed like I would have to pull out two rows to fix them. I really didn't want to do that as each row is 362 stitches and it takes me a long time to knit that many stitches. Fortunately, I read this post from the Yarn Harlot about fixing errors in lace projects. And, to top it off, she was working on the same pattern that I am. I used her method to correct my errors and although it took quite a long time to fix them, it was still less than it would have been if I'd pulled out the two rows and re-knit them. At any rate, the project is back on track.

Stay tuned for photos from Stitches West!

**WIP Roll Call**

Worked on:
  • Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  • Leaf Monthly Musing (cross stitch)
  • Sweet Heat handspun (spinning) [not in Ravelry yet]
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Empress handspun [Ravelry
  3. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  3. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...