Monday, January 09, 2006

Busy, busy weekend

I went dress shopping for the first time in a year. Not to say that I haven't been clothes shopping in a year...LOL! I need a new dress for our anniversary later this month, so I braved the Sunday crowds at Norstroms and Macys. After trying on about 20 dresses, I finally found one that will "do"--I think my husband will like it.

There were really no dresses that I fell in love with--if the dress style was good, the color was bad for me, or they had the wrong size; if the color was great, the dress style was REALLY bad or cut so poorly, no one would look good in them. At least I found dresses that actually had zippers this time. The last time I went dress shopping all I could find were dresses that pulled over your head and, as a result made, me look really shapeless and fat. Not quite what I'm looking for in a dress!

I made great progress on the turtle quilt for my mother: added the last border, prepped the binding, and prepped the backing. All I need to do now is sandwich, quilt it, and bind it...that's one big "all"!

I made progress on the sock I am knitting and I started a new shawl for myself (to go with the new dress). I have two weeks to finish the shawl, so I think it's do-able. No stitching this weekend, although I did look through a few projects.


I spent a lot of time trying to finish packing up Christmas in the house. Every year, it seems to take me longer to pack things up than it did to decorate! I guess that means I shouldn't decorate quite so much--HA!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...