Friday, January 20, 2006

I stitched today!

OK, after all that whining about not stitching, I actually did some today. Granted, it's still not cross stitch, but at least it involved needle and floss!

For the last couple of days, I've been trying to "prime the pump" (more or less). I've been working on updating my website with more project pictures. I've been really bad about taking pictures of my completed stitching and quilting projects, or I've taken really bad pictures of stuff--I can't win! (I figured if I looked at all those great pieces I had already finished, maybe it would inspire me to start stitching again.) Anyway, someone in the office suggested scanning projects as an option, at least for the flat stuff.

So, I went looking for flat pieces to scan, and gee, who-da-thunk, I found a needlepoint UFO. I must have started this 5 or 6 years ago. It's a Southwestern painted canvas with speciality threads and stitches. All it needs is the final part of the background, and then I realized why it was a UFO: the background is white. I absolutely hate stitching huge portions of white. It doesn't matter what stitch is used, if it's white, I get bored...FAST.

Since I didn't want this project to get shoved away to UFO-land again, I decided that my goal this month was to finish it. So, today I stitched some white background...and reminded myself that it is character-building to work on something you don't like.

Really. It is. It's good for you...honest...

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...