Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The stitching blahs

I love to cross stitch and needlpoint, I really do. But (you knew there was a big "but" in there, didn't you?) lately I just haven't been in a stitching mood.

I usually don't stitch much around the holidays simply because I have too much other stuff to do. However, the last thing I stitched was back in October when I finished a bunch of small Halloween kits from Pine Mountain and Shepherd's Bush. The only other stitching I did during the year was in 3 days in April at the Burbank Cross Stitch Festival, 2 days in July (on vacation), and a few days in September. Most of the year I knitted, worked on several quilts, and made a bunch of soap.

I'm not sure why I'm in such a stitching slump. I have tons of wonderful cross stitch projects kitted and ready to stitch, so it's not lack of materials. I have all the necessary stitching tools (read: more than I need), so that's not it. I just can't seem get into it again. I think the only reason I stitched in September and October is because I had these two projects that were nearly done ("Ocean Waves" by Laura J Perin and "Grins of Delight" by Shepherd's Bush) and I was determined to finish them.

I try to motivate myself by fondling my stash, but that's not working either. I'm hoping some "stitching" switch will turn on soon, otherwise my poor Mermaid Queen will continue to languish in her scroll bars instead of joining her sisters up on the wall.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...