Monday, February 27, 2006

Done with reorganizing...for now

OK, I'm officially tired of reorganizing my sewing room. I got a lot accomplished, but I'm ready to move on to other things - there's a turtle quilt to finish, stitching to work on, and my pair of Jaywalker socks to knit.

Here are a few pictures of the almost reorganized sewing room.

From the door
My sewing machine on a Quilter's Dream cabinet, armoire in the front of it, & a small cabinet that holds boxes of tools (quilting, knitting, & needlework) plus my finished needle rolls, fobs, & Pine Mtn pillows in the blue fabric cube.


Quilt wall
The Turtle quilt (ready to be quilted), the ironing station, & some finished projects hanging on the door. (A prepped needlepoint canvas hangs above.)

Armoire storage
Canvas storage totes on top (needlework kits & projects); yarn, batting, quilt tops, & cross stitch fabrics inside. Quilt binding and fabric strips for a couple of quilts hanging on the left. The poodle scarf on the right is my very first stitching project (age 7).


Fiber wall
My stash of Weeks, Sampler, Crescent, Caron, & Rainbow Gallery fibers, plus sewing threads. DMC is in the wooden chest; scissors & other tools hanging below the fibers.


Organizer
My cube shelves (from Target) hold rolled needlepoint canvases & fabric drawers that contain specialty yarns & queued projects. Basket on the floor holds my spinning stuff (that's still a small stash).


Fabric wall
Quilting fabrics, baskets with sewing patterns & kitted projects, plus bins of beads, sequins, & misc sewing stuff. DP & circular knitting needles in their organizers on the left. Queen Mermaid on stretcher bars in aqua pillowcase.


Yes, I have a lot of stash in this room! LOL! I need to live to be 200 to use it all!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...