Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Let's hear it for long weekends...


...can't have too many of them!! I got a lot accomplished and still managed to get some rest.

I am close to "done" on reorganizing my sewing room - it took most of the weekend, but it was worth it. I bought a few more of the canvas storage boxes and a couple of clear plastic boxes from the Container Store on Saturday. I am happy to report that all of the boxes are full, marked, and placed in their designated spots! I now have a FLOOR (read: room to roll my chair!), a top to the ironing board, and a top to my sewing table. I still need to
  • Sort the linen fabrics that are currently in two drawers, but at least it is all inside of the drawers and the drawers can close!
  • File all of the loose fibers that are temporarily in a photo box (not lying all over the place!)
  • Sort (purge) and file about an 1-worth of free cross-stitch and knitting patterns
Next, I need to reorganize my office, but it's a much smaller job. LOL!

On Sunday, I went back to Stitches West. I kept thinking about those spindles and the beautiful rovings I had seen on Friday. Also, I realized that I needed to make something for my niece's second child, due at the end of August. In the Imagiknit booth, I had seen a newborn hat and booties knitted in overdyed angora; I bought the yarn and got the free patterns to make them for the new baby. I bought a spindle from Carolina Homespun and a wool sampler with different colors to spin. I bought an autographed copy of "Not Just Socks" and a couple more skeins of sock yarn (I'd better get busy!!) and I bought a kit for a silk tank top in the Mendocino Yarn Shop booth.

Monday was spent finishing up my sewing room and starting to knit the baby hat. The hat will be my "new start" for the month. After I've finished it, I'll go back to one of the other projects that are in progress.

All in all, a very satisfying "craft" weekend!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...