Friday, February 17, 2006

Stash enhancement at Stitches West


I took a couple of hours off this morning to go to Stitches West. Last year was the first year I'd ever heard of it and I had to stand in this HUGE line for 45 minutes (on a Saturday) to buy my ticket. This year, I bought my ticket online and went on Friday, thinking that I'd bypass the big line and get in sooner. Well, not quite.

I got there at 10:15 and the line for the pre-purchased tickets was very long (and, of course, the line to buy tickets was short!). On top of that, if you bought your tickets there, you could go right in. If you had an online ticket, you had to have your ticket scanned, hence the long line. Hmpf! So basically. I could have gotten in sooner if I bought my ticket there--totally the opposite of last year! Double hmpf! Something is not quite right with this setup!

Anyway, once I was in, I had a grand time looking at everything! I actually didn't buy much yarn, but I did get some Blue Moon Socks-that-Rock yarn in Mesa and Lagoon. I also broke down and bought a Jordana Paige messenger bag so I can organize the stuff I carry around. I bought some size 0 and 1 circulars for my sock knitting and the "
One Skein : 30 Quick Projects to Knit and Crochet" book. I drooled over the drop spindles at the Carolina Homespun booth and at all the wonderful rovings in many booths. I don't know...I'm really drawn to spinning, but do I really need another craft to do? LOL!

I can't wait to get home after work and dive into my new stash!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...