Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Yeah, there's progress...

The weekend report: I didn't get as much done on my projects as I wanted, but I did check out another yarn store in the area. (LOL! Like I need more yarn!)

Since my husband's car died two weeks ago, we've been sharing my car--I can't begin to tell you how many times, I've wanted to run an errand at lunch only to remember that I didn't have a car! I was getting some kind of cabin fever! On Saturday, I needed to go by myself somewhere, anywhere to feel "free"! So, I decided to drive to Los Gatos and visit Yarndogs.


OK, I love this place! It's a small store, but they have a lot of yarns I haven't seen elsewhere. And the people who run it are super helpful! They have all of their patterns in a separate room and they have a good selection of needles. I bought a pattern and the yarn for a simple sweater (a rich walnut brown).


After this, my car found it's way to Saratoga and Knitting Arts. I bought a couple of skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock yarn (Wild Cherry and Spanish Moss) and a skein of Lorna's Laces Angel to make another baby hat.


With the rest of the day, I alternated between knitting my jaywalker sock, my secret project, and finishing up a baby hat using the remaining yarn from the booties and first baby hat I knit. (I know, I'm in a rut with these hats!)


On Sunday, I geeked out and started a FileMaker Pro database to track my yarn and knitting needles. I already have a database that tracks my cross stitch, needlepoint, and quilting stash, so adding yarn and knitting needles to it seemed like a natural extension.


So, some progress...but not a lot.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...