Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Back from Graduation...

It was a long, but great weekend! Our daughter officially holds two masters degrees. Next stop: Johns Hopkins University for her PhD!

Here's a picture of my daughter and my mother - don't they look great!


For a graduation present, we gave our daughter a silver pendant with three diamonds, one for each of us. This is a theme for our family - for Mother's Day one year, she gave me a necklace with 3 pearls in it, one for each of us.

We also made a box of quotes to give her inspiration when she needs it. We collected the quotes from various quote web sites and from books. I also included some inspirational quotes from her favorite movies and wrote a few "mom" quotes as well. I printed them on different colored card stock and laminated them so they'd last. I found a silk-covered box to put them in. Here's what it looked like when opened:


We named it the Rainbow Collection (a take-off on a Muppet Movie song lyric, "Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection"), hence the rainbow stickers.


As for knitting, I finished knitting the cuff on my first Rock N Weave sock. I'm still playing with the picot cast-off - I'm not happy with the way the picots look, so I might eliminate them. I also worked on a pair of anklets in Cascade Fixation. Not as much knitting as I wanted, but it's better than nothing!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...