Monday, October 30, 2006

OMG...it's Monday again

Well, that weekend went fast! Did not get as much sleep as I needed and I'm still acting like a ping pong ball when it comes to my projects.

I did manage to sort some things out in my sewing room and get started on a Christmas present. I also looked at my soap supplies and figured out what I needed there.

I worked on the Hydrangea socks and got them back to a state where I can start knitting them together again:


Hydrangea sock progress
I think I may copy an idea from another Petals Collection KAL member and make these cuffs shorter than the 6 inches the pattern calls for. I'm at about 4.5 inches now...I think I'll stop at 5 inches, too, and then work the heel.

I also worked on the shawl. I'm at about 40 rows with this one and I really like the way it looks. Here's a picture of the Sangria shawl so far, and a detail picture of the patterning:

Sangria Shawl detail SAngria Shawl


I was hoping to finish a pair of socks this month, but it's just not going to happen. It will be tough to finish stuff for myself in the next couple of months because of the Holidays, but I'll just keep plugging along!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...