Friday, October 13, 2006

Somewhat Eye Candy Friday...

...Wow! Friday snuck up on me! So I was stuck going through the archives to find eye candy. Not much of a selection, but there's always kitty pictures!!

Here is Miss Sombra posing with two of my afghans.

Sombra's Tail of 2 Afghans
As for the actual knitting part of the content, I decided that the
alpaca scarf needed to become a different scarf with better ends. So I started redoing that last night. I cast on 15 and I'm using a simple K3P3 on size 13 needles. So far I'm happy with it.

This weekend will be very busy. On Saturday, I'm going to the grand opening of a new yarn store, Purlescence Yarns in Sunnyvale. I'm very happy about having a yarn shop so close to home that stocks my favorite yarns. Not that it means that I'll stop going to all the other yarn stores I frequent! They each carry at least one yarn that I can't find elsewhere, so I can spread the love (and $$) around!

On Sunday, I'm going to Pacific International Quilt Festival at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I love this show - they have beautiful quilts on display and great vendors. I usually don't buy a lot of fabric at these shows, but I love seeing the new quilting tools and gadgets, and some usually find their way home with me! That night we're going to dinner at my in-laws house.

Intermixed with all of this are all the usual mundane, non-crafty tasks that have to get done. You know, a maid service would be really nice...

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...